Saturday, May 1, 2010

Florida for Two









Jeffrey was in charge of the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Convention this year in Orlando, FL. I couldn't convince him to bring the kids but I did convince him to bring me. It was warm and beautiful, even in the rain, which only happened a few times during the trip. The Lazy River at the JW Marriott Resort was AWESOME, even in the rain, when only those of us used to rain dared swim. My breakfast buffet was worth every penny of the $30 I spent on it, though like much of the trip, it would've been better with someone to share it with. I sat by the pool for a few days, made a trip to the Orlando Temple by myself, shopped a little in downtown Disney and jumped into the warm Atlantic Ocean with my clothes on only to turn around and drive back soaking wet to get on the plane home (that's my new friend- who jumped in first- in the photo, not me, no pictures of me taken, thank goodness).

3 comments:

  1. You've been all over lately! Good for you! You deserve the getaways & Fun to hear re: your travels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just tagged along on Matt's business trip and it was fabulous!! He and I don't travel so well together, so having a lot of me time was perfect. Now we just need them to go somewhere at the same time and we'll tag along together! Forget it, how about a girl's weekend? Seriously, you should think about coming out to the women's retreat here in September . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. So glad you went. You know, I've never been to Florida...

    ReplyDelete